Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Satirical Diagrams

I just read that British artist and cartoonist Ronald Searle died, on December 30, 2011, at age 91. He produced an amazing body of work, in a distinctive (much-emulated) style. He could be very funny, but also made darkly satirical work on the human condition - this was attributed to his time in a brutal Japanese prisoner of war camp in Burma, during the second world war, which he managed to document in a clutch of 300 surviving drawings. Today, I thought I'd share something satirical and witty (rather than silly, or devastating): a series of diagrams, for the layperson of various professions. I can't resist the sort of taxonomic diagram.






You can find a huge collection of his work in the tribute blog Perpetua. Have a look.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, not seen these beauties before. One of my favourite cartoonists of all. Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. I think they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails